The Campaign for Press and Broadcasting Freedom (CPBF) are hosting a public debate on Creating a movement for a Better Media in the UK after the formal business of our AGM on Saturday 1 July 2017. RSVP on Eventbrite.
To get the discussion going we’ll be joined by three great speakers working at the forefront of this burgeoning movement:
- Hazel Healy from New Internationalist will be sharing the story of how they raised over £700,000 of investment from over 3000 people in over 42 countries in biggest media community share offer in history.
- Richard Wilson from Stop Funding Hate, launched less than a year ago in August 2016, they’ve now had over 25 million views of their facebook videos and have raised over £100,000 in donations.
- Thomas Barlow from Real Media will share the lessons learned from their UK tour last year, the launch of The Media Fund – a co-op set-up to support independent media – and the success of first Independent Media Conference.
Each speaker will end their presentations sharing a few thoughts about how they feel we can best build the large scale movement for a Better Media the UK so desperately and urgently needs.
Please come along and contribute to the discussion – now more than ever we need the more diverse, democratic and accountable media CPBF has been campaigning for since 1979.
CPBF AGM and Public Debate
- What?: Public debate: Creating a movement for Better Media in the UK
- Where?: Unite the Union, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
- When?: Saturday 1 July 2017, 11:30am – 1:00pm (CPBF members should arrive earlier, the formal AGM business takes place 10am – 11:15am).
Hope to see lots of your there.
Please feel free to invite others and help spread the word via your social networks.
Facebook event – invite your friends:
Tweet – please ReTweet: