Last week Culture Secretary Matt Hancock decided to scrap part 2 of the Leveson Inquiry (whose terms of reference included looking into crime and wrongdoings within the Murdoch empire). This does not bode well for his forthcoming decision about whether or not to give Murdoch even MORE power by allowing his bid for Sky to proceed.
And with less than two weeks left of our #StopMurdoch crowdfunding campaign the time has come for a Big Final Push.
Here are few things you can do to help support the campaign:
- Change your social media profile pictures and headers to one of the #StopMurdoch ones you can find on our #StopMurdoch Social Media Images and Memes page and include the link to our crowdfunder https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/stopmurdoch/ in the image description
- Email 2 or 3 close personal contacts you know would likely support the campaign and ask them to contribute whatever they can afford. Get them to do the same.
- Send a WhatsApp message to all your contacts encouraging them to join you in supporting the fight to #StopMurdoch’s Sky takeover.
- Retweet, like, share and comment on our #StopMurdoch posts on Twitter and Facebook and/ or use some of the #StopMurdoch Social Media Images and Memes to create your own.
- Reply to all these tweets sharing the link to our #StopMurdoch crowdfunder https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/stopmurdoch/ and asking them to contribute.
Of course, if you’ve not done so already, the single best thing you can do to support the campaign is to contribute whatever you can afford right now.